Visa Debit cards are offered to qualified members, and are a great complement to our FREE Checking Accounts. Our debit cards feature:
- Free, unlimited debit transactions at merchants
- No-fee ATM transactions at Privileged Status ATMs (new window/tab)
- EMV Chip Technology to protect your in-person transactions
- Automatic enrollment in our Verified by Visa program
- Sign-up for Metco’s Debit Card Round-Up Savings program and every POS (signature transaction) purchase you make with your debit card will help you save some extra cash!
Apply for a no annual fee debit card securely online (new window/tab) or stop in to the credit union to complete an application.
If your Visa Debit Card is lost or stolen, call 1.800.383.8000
Should you choose “Debit” or “Credit” when using your debit card at a merchant location?
When making a purchase, it makes a difference whether you choose “credit” or “debit”:
When you say “Debit” and enter your PIN number:
- You enter your four-digit PIN to complete the transaction
- You can access a limit of $200 per day
- The merchant charges the credit union a fee for each transaction
When you say “Credit” and swipe your card, and then sign the receipt:
- You can use up to the balance in your checking account or a limit of $1,500 per day, whichever is less.
- The credit union receives some income from the ATM Network for this transaction
- You have far more consumer protection rights when used as a credit card