Metco Credit Union is offering three (3) $500 College Scholarships. Two (2) will be awarded to High School seniors who will be graduating in spring 2021; one (1) will be awarded to post-high school, continuing education students and current college students. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room and board, books and other educational expenses. Entries must be submitted no later than March 31, 2021.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be a member of Metco Credit Union (have an account in their own name) and the account must have been opened at least 90 days prior to the application deadline.
- Applicant must be entering or attending a vocational, technical, community college or 4-year University in the fall of 2021.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Past scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Applicant is required to write an essay of 300-500 words on the following topic:
“How do you think the financial services industry (banks and credit unions) will look different in the next 5-10 years? Explain your answer.”
Before completing the form below, please read the instructions carefully. Also note that your application cannot be saved and resumed later. All information given on this application will be kept confidential. Scholarship recipients will be chosen by an independent committee and notified by April 20, 2021. Scholarship winners must agree to have their acceptance photo taken, or submit a photo to be used for various print and electronic media.
METCO CREDIT UNION COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM