You don’t expect your car to be totaled by an accident or stolen—but you get car insurance just in case. You probably don’t expect that your insurance settlement could suddenly leave you thousands of dollars in debt, because you owe more on your car loan than your car is worth. You’ll be glad to know there is a way to make sure a car wreck doesn’t wreck your finances: GAP, or Guaranteed Asset Protection for your vehicle loans.
- An optional and inexpensive benefit that you may add to your collateralized loans
- GAP coverage goes into effect when your vehicle is stolen and isn’t recovered, or is totaled in an accident and cannot be repaired
- GAP covers the difference between your primary carrier insurance settlement and the payoff of your loan
- Metco charges $399 for GAP regardless of the vehicles’ age or price, which is substantially lower than dealerships and other financial institutions, and our GAP includes:
- an additional $1,000 toward the purchase of a replacement vehicle if you finance the vehicle with us
- an Auto Deductible Reimbursement up to $500
- GAP is available on most titled vehicle loans and can be purchased at the time the loan is made or up to 18 months after
Contact one of our Lending Professionals for more details or to see if you can add this coverage to your vehicle loan today!