February 7, 1957 — 30 Cedar Rapids City employees from 10 different departments had a vision. Together they organized the Cedar Rapids Municipal Employees Credit Union.
September 28, 1966 — Linn County Employees Credit Union was organized.
July 1, 1977 — Municipal Employees Credit Union merged with Linn County Credit Union to create Metco Credit Union.
November 17, 1980 — Metco moved into a new building on 8th Avenue SW.
October 1990 — An addition to the building doubled its size.
Spring/Summer 2008 — The interior and parking lot of the Metco building underwent remodeling, including a larger lobby area, creation of a kids’ area and an increase in parking. The remodeling project gave Metco a more modern feel and made it even more accessible and convenient to members.
What began as a small group of founders in 1957 has grown to over 3,000 members and more than $30 million in assets.